Monday, January 24, 2011

Christ Tomlin - I Will Rise


This song is so inspirational. It reminds me of my favorite Bible verse.

Isaiah 40:31 KJV
But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as EAGLES
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint
I had to recite this verse every day at my private school. You could almost call it our "mascot verse." Every morning we had to recite: (1) The Pledge to the American Flag (2) The Pledge to the Christian Flag (3) The Pledge to the Bible and (4) Our school's Bible verse. I know each one by heart to this day. It's kind of obvious why.... But this verse always stuck with me. At first, it was just a verse that I recited every day; it had no meaning. But when I finally reflected on it a few years ago, I realized that it holds a GREAT meaning. Trust in the Lord and you will never be alone. You will NEVER be alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment