Monday, January 24, 2011

Ani Di Franco

Last post of the night.... promise!

Not A Pretty Girl

i am not a pretty girl that is not what i do
i ain't no damsel in distress and i don't need to be rescued
so put me down punk wouldn't you prefer a maiden fair
isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere


i am not an angry girl but it seems like
iv'e got everyone fooled every time I say something
they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear


imagine you're a girl just trying to finally come clean
knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty
and smiling and i'm sorry
but I am not a maiden fair and I am not a kitten
stuck up a tree somewhere generally my generation
wouldn't be caught dead working for the man
and generally I agree with them trouble is you got to have yourself
and alternate plan i have earned my disillusionment
i have been working all of my life i am a patriot
i have been fighting the good fight and what if there are
no damsels in distress what if i knew that
and I called your bluff don't you think ever kitten
figures out how to get down whether or not you ever show up


i am not a pretty girl
i don't really want to be a pretty girl
i want to be more than a pretty girl



 

No comments:

Post a Comment